Monday 20 May 2013

Things to Tell You

Tena Koutou,



This week we want to tell you about our maori art. We have been drawing korus and have made some kowhaiwhai panels and turned them into an entrance for our class door. It is very bright and colourful and every time you walk through the door you are blessed and given strength by the tiki at the top.






We have started writing 'A Moment in Time' pieces which are short, detailed parts of a story that use juicy words. Tom did an outstanding job for his first Moment and Time so we have published it here for you to read.

I was being lifted up, I felt so scared I nearly lost my breath. I screamed because I really felt I was going to wet my pants. All of a sudden it dropped me!
By Tom Clark

We are very excited to start drinking milk this week. We drink it very day after lunch and think it tastes delicious. We then fold the milk boxes a special way so that they can get sent to Thailand and be recycled into things like paper and roof tiles.

Please write a comment.

Till next time.

Room 17

3 comments:

  1. We love the kowhaiwhai it looks amazing. Good maths today too, fun playing the age10's game, good job everyone.

    That was one scary ride Tom, apt description.
    Tom's dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome work Room 17! Your decorated doorway looks amazing!! What a great idea. I'll have to pop in this week and have a better look. Keep up the great work! Helen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I love the kowhaiwhai panels! I would like to be blessed by the tiki every time I walk through your classroom door. 'Moment in time' pieces are cool and I like the one that Tom wrote.
    Ka Pai, Hazel's Dad James.

    ReplyDelete