Wednesday 26 June 2013

Kaupapa Maori Day

Yesterday we had our Kaupapa Maori Day. Read Sophie, Arrochar and Connor's recounts to find out about it....


The Fun Day

Yesterday we had a maori day. First we walked to the hall and had some speeches and kai it was yummy! After we did some rakau sticks and poi with Mirs Wood. Then we had lunch and the juniors came. After we had some poi demonstration it was beautiful. At the end I was exhausted because I had done so much fun activites!
 By Sophie Orchiston

THE MAORI DAY
Yesterday it was Kaupapa Maori day. The juniors came over to the senior side.We sang a song.We had some milk and cookies then we had morning tea. I played ball tag with some of the little kids it was really fun.Before the juniors  went back  to their side of the school we went into the hall and sang a waiata. I was tired but really happy because I had so much fun.
By Connor Boereboom


Kaupapa Maori Day
Room 17 was in the hall. Then we sang some waiata our buddy class was Kindle 2. we did a hongi whith kindle 2. They were adorable. I said my mihi. Then we had morning tea. We had milk and cookies. After that we did some rakau. After that we did some poi. Then we went back to the hall. We did some more waiata. The haka group did a haka. I felt tired but happy because we had fun. We did it because we are studying the marae.
By Arrochar Voice
Enjoying our kai with the junior school
hongi action
Mihi Whakatau time



Nico giving a hongi




2 comments:

  1. kia orana room 17. It's Noah here and I am in Rarotonga. Today I went swimming because it is hot here. I will be back at school on Tuesday. What have you been doing while i have been away room 17?

    from Noah Piri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Noah,

      It is awesome to get a message from you.It sounds like you are having a great time in Rarotonga. We are missing you and looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday. I bet you have an awesome tan.

      See you soon

      Miss C

      Delete