Monday 18 February 2013

Want to know what we have been doing?

Ni Hao,

Room 17 found it hard to decide what to write about in our blog this week because we thought of so many things to share.

We decided on telling you the following...

We had out first assembly on Friday. It was exciting to watch Room 11 share what they have been doing. We were a very respectful audience and sang the assembly songs beautifully!

In our classroom we have started reading every day with Miss Cassidy, we have bringing the books that we read home to share with you. Yesterday we brought homework home for the first time, we are excited about spending a little bit of time each night doing this with you.

We are currently on 5 days of awesomeness and have been working really hard on getting to 10 days of awesomeness so that we can earn some free time on the computers.

We have been finishing our  Road Safety Topic this week, we worked together to make a display about being responsible on the road. Here is a picture of our display, it would be super of you came and had a look at it.


Please write a comment on our blog, we would love to read these.

Till next time

From Room 17

9 comments:

  1. Your mural looks fantastic. Best of luck with the next five days of awesomeness.
    Tom's dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great week at school you guys had! The mural looks very cool and I hope you get to 10 days of awesomeness!
    Theo's dad Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi boys and girls of Room 17,
    It's Shannon again. I hope you all had great weekends. I think your display looks fantastic and all your drawings look so colourful :)
    In a few months I am getting my drivers licence and so I have to complete a test to be able to get it.
    I think your wall and writing about being sensible on the road would help me so much. Should I come visit to see it? oh no! I cant, becasue I live in Wellington, which is very far away :( Maybe you could help me- do you think you could tell me a few of the rules that are on your wall!? It would help me so much, thank you!
    Can't wait to hear from you soon,
    Shannon (Miss Cassidy's sister)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon,

    Here are some of the rules on our Road Safety wall:

    - Don't drive too fast!
    - When people cross the road you must alway stop.
    - Stop, Look and Listen before you cross the road.

    Good luck with your drivers license.

    From Room 17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Room 17, cool blog. Sophie showed me your dog Max, he is very hungry! Maybe you could tell me the safest place to cross the road at George Street School?
    Sophie's Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Room 17,
    I love your road safety display! Great work! I'm looking forward to reading more about all the exciting things you will do this year.
    Rana (Clara's mum)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia ora every one
    I have had a fun week learning in room 17. I have had a look at Hazel and Theo's blogs and I like Hazel's kitten.
    from Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that was really cool. I wish I was there!
    from Theo xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello room 17
    Please come, watch and support the MINNIS at the Edar center tomorrow at the3.30
    from Tom xxx

    ReplyDelete